– Sold Out –
– First Stereo Issue Using the Original Stereo Master Tapes –
Recorded December 19 and 20, 1958 at the studio Hoche, Paris.
Original LP issue: Barclay 84.063.
Belgian jazz artist Bobby Jaspar died far too young at age 37 in 1963, but fortunately made a handful of memorable dates as a leader. This is the last studio session under his name. Jaspar sticks exclusively to flute on these December 1958 studio recordings. He’s joined by drummer Kenny Clarke, Sadi Lallemand or Michel Hausser (who also doubles on xylophone) on vibes, and either Paul Rovere or Jymie Merritt on bass, as well as percussionist Humberto Canto (on one of the two sessions). Jaspar’s soft arrangements prove very appealing for his originals, standards such as ‘Lullaby of the Leaves’ and ‘There Will Never Be Another You’, and classic jazz tunes (an exotic ‘Misterioso’ and a Latin-flavored ‘Chasin’ the Bird’, the latter featuring Hausser on xylophone). This is easily one of Jaspar’s finest recordings as a leader.
Ken Dryden / All Music
Lullaby of the Leaves:
Waiting For Irene:
Bobby Jaspar (Flute)
Michel Hausser (Vibes) (tracks 1 to 4, 6,8,9)
Sadi Lallemand (Vibes) (tracks 5,7,10)
Paul Rovère (Bass) (tracks 1 to 4, 6,8,9)
Jymie Merritt (Bass) (tracks 5,7,10)
Humberto Canto (Percussion)
Kenny Clarke (Drums)
- Cliff Cliff (Jacques Hesse) 5’14
- Phenil Isopropil Amine (Bobby Jaspar) 3’29
- Mysterioso (Thelonious Monk) 3’27
- Lullaby of the Leaves (Joe Young) 3’34
- There Will Never Be Another You (Harry Warren – Mack Gordon) 3’20
- Waiting For Irene (Bobby Jaspar) 3’53
- Le Jamf (Bobby Jaspar) 4’15
- Chasing The Bird (Charlie Parker) 5’10
- Speak Low (Kurt Weill) 4’27
- Doxology (Memory of Dick (Bobby Jaspar) 2’31
Re-mastered from original stereo master tapes.
Limited edition 1000 copies.
180 gr vinyl pressed by Pallas in Germany.
Deluxe high-gloss flipback album jacket.
Facsimile reissue using the original cover art (front photo is lost).
Double insert using an original photo by JP Leloir from 1959.
Each record has been visually checked to prevent defects.
There are no reviews yet.