A never-before released Donald Byrd & Bobby Jaspar 1958 studio recordings.
First official release with the full permission and cooperation INA (Institut National de l’Audiovisuel).
Available on vinyl only. No CD, No Digital is scheduled.
In July 1958, Donald Byrd made a lengthy visit to Europe, not returning Stateside until December. He fronted a fine quintet that gave concert appearances at festivals held in many countries, Knokke-le-Zoute (Belgium), Cannes (France), Sweden, Norway, Germany – and an engagement at the Paris jazz club “Au Chat Qui Pêche”, a few days after their concert at the Olympia. The group felt very comfortable at the club on rue de la Huchette, and it soon becam a second home for them. In November and December 1958, Donald Byrd and his men were invited by the French Radio to make some recordings session. Sam Records is proud to presents this previously unreleased studio session recorded for the French Radio Television Show ‘Jazz aux Champs-Elysées’.
Easy Living :
Recorded in Paris, November & December, 1958.
Donald Byrd (Trumpet)
Bobby Jaspar (Flute/Tenor saxophone)
Walter Davis Jr./Jacques Diéval* (Piano)
Doug Watkins/Jacques Hess* (Bass)
Art Taylor/Daniel Humair* (Drums)
- Splendid (W. Davis) 4’46
- Paul’s Pal* (S. Rollins) 8’16
- Formidable (W. Davis) 5’19
- Easy Living (Robin/Rainger) 7’50
- After You’ve Gone* (Layton/Creamer) 6’07
- Flute Bop (B. Jaspar) 4’05
Re-mastered from the original Mono Master Tapes.
- Strickly limited edition 4000 copies.
- Cut by kevin Gray at Cohearent Mastering.
- 180 gr vinyl pressed by Optimal in Germany.
- Deluxe high-gloss flipback album jacket.
- Double insert using an original photo by JP Leloir.
- Each record has been visually checked to prevent defects.
There are no reviews yet.