– 500 copies available only on Sam Records website –
A never-before released Georges Arvanitas 1961 live recordings.
First official release with the full permission and cooperation INA (Institut National de l’Audiovisuel).
Original recording producer : André Francis & Lucien Malson for ORTF (Office de Radiodiffusion-Télévision Française).
Available on vinyl only. No CD, No Digital is scheduled.
For this new release in the “Lost Live Series” in collaboration with INA, we find the French pianist Georges Arvanitas and his quintet for an unissued live session recorded at the Museum of Modern Art in Paris on October 1st 1961. Georges plays with Bernard Vitet on trumpet, François Jeanneau on saxophone, Luis Fuentes on trombone, Pierre Sim on bass and Michel Babault on drums. They play Coltrane, Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Bobby Timmons, George Gershwin… No need for a time machine : the quality of mastering by François lê Xuân, the cut by Marie Pieprzownik at Translab, associated with a perfect pressing by Optimal will allow you to live this fabulous concert. Beware, it swings!
‘Round About Midnight :
This Here :
Recorded at Musée d’Art moderne, Paris, France, October 1, 1961.
Bernard Vitet (Trumpet)
François Jeanneau (Tenor saxophone)
Luis Fuentes (Trombone)
Georges Arvanitas (Piano)
Pierre Sim (Bass)
Michel Babault (Drums)
- Village Blues (J. Coltrane) 11’26
- Millestones (M; Davis) 9’01
- ‘Round About Midnight 5’25
- This Here (B. Timmons) 6’36
- Summertime (G. Gershwin) 4’28
- Bemsha Swing (T. Monk) 7’43
- Limited edition 500 copies.
- Re-mastered from the original Mono Master Tapes.
- Cut by Marie Pieprzownik at Translab Studios, Paris, France.
- 180 gr vinyl pressed by Optimal in Germany.
- Deluxe high-gloss flipback album jacket.
- Double insert using an original photo by JP Leloir.
- Artwork by Jean-Louis Duralek.
- Each record has been visually checked to prevent defects.
There are no reviews yet.